How do I file a workers compensation claim?

As soon as an injury occurs, the first thing you need to do is to notify your employer. If you fail to do so, it could possibly ruin your chances of receiving benefits. Your employer then files an injury report with the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission and then notifies the insurance carrier.

After informing your employer, you should then contact the workers’ compensation commissions personally to make sure all required documents are filed for your claim in South Carolina.

If your find out your company is did not report, or is denying your accident you need to file the claim yourself. Consult an attorney prior to filing your claim to ensure everything is done correctly.

If the insurance company approves your South Carolina worker comp claim, a letter is sent outlining your benefits. However, if the insurance carrier denies coverage you may file an appeal.

You have 2 years to file a Workman’s Compensation Claim in the state of South Carolina, as long as you reported your work-related injury to your employer within 90 days of the incident. Even if you no longer work for the same employer, you can file within the two-year window.

If you have to file a workers’ comp claim or appeal, odds are that you are already in a dispute situation with your employer. Call The Strom Law Firm, LLC today (866-490-2847) to discuss the facts of your case for free. You can also complete the no-cost confidential case consultation form at the top right. Founded by former US Attorney Pete Strom, the attorneys at Strom Law Firm know how to fight for their clients.